NO SUBMISSIONS AT THIS TIME.
Please read these guidelines and then send your article, essay, review, research notes, conference summary, etc. to the appropriate issue editor (see below).
Value and Uniqueness of PSJ
- The Peace Studies Journal publishes rigorously peer-reviewed academic work of the highest quality.
- The Peace Studies Journal provides the utmost respect, love, and care during the review process.
- The Peace Studies Journal is a free-to-access electronic journal.
- The Peace Studies Journal charges no fees for publication.
- The Peace Studies Journal supports and encourages submissions that are excluded from mainstream journals, including the use of photographic, videom MP3, and new media work.
- The Peace Studies Journal, while an academic journal provides space and place for activists contributions.
- The Peace Studies Journal, is a social justice, inclusive, equity, liberation, and transformative publication.
- The Peace Studies Journal, is an activist-scholar publication.
- The Peace Studies Journal, is an international publication.
- research articles and essays – 2,000 to 10,000 words
- student final papers – no more than 10,000 words
- course/class summaries – no more than 2,000 words
- research notes – no more than 2,000 words
- commentary – no more than 2,000 words
- tactic and strategy analysis – no more than 10,000 words
- academic development – no more than 10,000 words
- lecture summaries – no more than 2,000 words
- conference summaries – no more than 2,000 words
- protest summaries – no more than 2,000 words
- action alert summaries – no more than 2,000 words
- film, book, art, and media reviews – no more than 3,000 words
- interviews and dialogues – between 1,000 to 10,000 words
- poems – no more than 10,000 words
- All submissions should have appropriate references and citations. Manuscripts should be single line spacing, 12-point font, Times Roman, 1 inch margin, with an a paragraph abstract, no cover sheet, and conform to the American Psychological Association (APA) style format.
- Submissions must be sent in Microsoft Word Doc. format. Submissions in other software formats will not be reviewed.
- Authors should remove all self-identification from their submissions, but all submissions must be accompanied by a title page with author(s) name and affiliation, name of type of submission (e.g., article, review, conference summary, etc.), contact information including e-mail, postal address, and phone number.
- Authors must include an abstract of no more than 150 words that briefly describes the manuscript’s contents.
- Please no footnotes, no endnotes, no footers, no headers, and no page numbers.
- Must be original and not publish elsewhere.
- All submissions should cite and reference articles from the Peace Studies Journal, so the journal fosters a continuous conversation.
- Upon acceptance for review, the Peace Studies Journal editors will send manuscripts, under a double-peer reviewed process, to no less than two, and generally three reviewers. Reviewers provide their recommendations to the editor, who makes the final decision to accept the manuscript.
- The Peace Studies Journal holds to the utmost respect, love, and care when reviewing manuscripts. Each review we assure is constructive, positive, and hopefully useful to the author. We strongly welcome first time authors, students, nontraditional students, activists, youth, community organizers, prisoners, politicians, and teachers.
Submissions will be assigned to one of the four following categories:
1. accept without revisions
2. accept with editorial revisions
3. revise and resubmit for peer review
- Every effort will be made to inform authors of the editor’s decision within 100 days of receipt of a manuscript. Authors, whose manuscripts are accepted for publication, will be asked to submit a brief biography that includes their institutional or organizational affiliations and their research interests. The Peace Studies Journal only publishes original materials. Please do not submit manuscripts that are under review or previously published elsewhere.
Copyright, Republishing, and Royalties
- All Work published by the Journal is copyrighted by the Peace Studies Journal.
- Republication of Contributor’s Submitted Work may be assessed a reasonable fee for the administration and facilitation to other presses. Such fee shall be determined at the discretion of the Peace Studies Journal.
- Royalties: Contributor agrees and acknowledges that no royalty, payment, or other compensation will be provided by the Peace Studies Journal in exchange for or resulting from the publication of the Submitted Work.
- We always have a large amount of submissions, but currently we are not receiving anymore.
Please check back February 2024.